- Hon' able Justice S. A. Rabbani was born in Roorkee,
District Saharanpur, British India on June 6th
- B.Sc. from D.J. Sindh Govt. Science College, Karachi
- Masters in Political Science, University
- LL.B. from University of Karachi
- Masters in English, University of Punjab
- Joined Judiciary as Civil Judge in 1970 on success in P.C.S. competitive examination of West Pakistan Public Service Commission 1968-69.
- Worked at all levels of Sindh Judiciary.
- Worked in and supervised the Legislation Wing of the National Assembly of Pakistan for about 12 years.
- Remained Clerk Attaché in British Parliament, London, UK.
- Attended training in Legislative Drafting at The Public Law Centre, New Orleans, LA, United States of America.
- Elevated as Judge of Sindh High Court in April, 1999.
- Retired from Sindh High Court on June 5th 2002.
- Worked as Director General, Sindh Judicial Academy.
- Appointed as Judge of Federal Shariat Court of Pakistan on June 5th 2003.
- Authored following books:
Legislative Drafting Manual.
Amendments in the Constitution, 1973.
The Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, an Analysis.